Learn How to apply Makeup directly from your Android device
Today we’re taking a look at an app that teaches how to apply makeup, so this post is 99% targeted towards our female readership. However, for those 1% male readers interested in applying makeup, a bit of history on what this is and how it all started:
- First of all, makeup (make-up) is not what you do after you had a fight with your wife/girlfriend. Makeup actually refers to the cosmetic products that women apply on their body to enhance the look of a certain part (i.e. lips) and improve the overall appearance.
- Cosmetics is derived from the Greek word kosmētikos which basically means having “skills in ordering and arranging” (according to the Greek-English Lexicon). You can imagine that this form of enhancements dates way back from the ancient Greek and Egypt history and for sure have seen it on historical objects if you’ve ever seen an ancient Egyptian object, such as the Nefertiti bust (created over 3000 years ago). Makeup is mentioned even in the bible. Cosmetic products started to become more popular after the birth of companies such as Nivea (in 1882) or L’Oreal (in 1909) and have become a common practice for most women today.
- Makeup is also used for theatrical purposes. Actors in a play often go through makeup sessions to be more connected to the character they’re playing (i.e. the Black Swan). It’s extensively used in movies as well and males all around the world do it too when preparing for the Comic-Con or other futurist conventions (i.e. Star Trek conventions).
So you see it’s more than you thought initially and wouldn’t be bad to learn how to do it, who knows when you’ll need it.
How to apply Makeup, as the title describes it, is an app for your Android device that once installed will allow you access to a suite of video tutorial that teach how makeup should be applied. Here’s one sample video from the collection that shows how to apply lipstick, so that you get a feeling on how the other videos are:
Here are the main features of this app:
- Free (ad supported). Just like the previous app from this developer (How to make 3D Origami), this one is free and shows the video tutorials embedded from YouTube in each category (ads are shown above the videos). Since you’re practically connecting to a web address, obviously you need an active Internet connection to view the videos.
- 16 different lessons. The app offers the videos organized in 16 different makeup lessons. That’s how you can learn to apply: Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Foundation, Lipstick, Blush, Moisturizer, Highlighter, Concealer, Loose Powder, Eyebrow Colour, Eyelash Strip, Lip Liner, Lip Gloss, False Eyelashes, Bronzer. I’ll pretend I know half of these procedures, but if you do and are interested in learning how to get the best out of it you can simply check the videos from your smartphone.
- 192 video tutorials. Every how-to section is structured in 4 different parts and on almost each of them there are 3 video tutorials on that particular makeup subject. So this means there are well over 190 different videos, with more information on applying makeup than you could think of.
If you’re a woman and want to learn more about one of these techniques or a man wanting to offer his wife a surprise makeup session, you can go ahead and download the app from Google Play here: Download How to apply Makeup.