BankRoll Lite, your personal finance manager
Bankroll is an easy and powerful finance manager for personal or business use.
Easily track all your checking accounts, credit cards, savings accounts, loans, asset and liability accounts.
Main features of BankRoll Lite:
- Unlimited number of accounts.
- Unlimited number of transactions, categories and sub-categories.
- Repeating transactions with warning flag.
- Quick and easy reconciling.
- Unlimited splits with categories and transfers.
- All data and backups stored on SD card.
- Reports can be saved as CSV files or standard output.
- Share your accounts and transactions with unlimited email users.
- Email users receive all account and transaction data, other users will always be in sync.
- Net worth report and customizable category reports.
- Powerful search features including memo search.
- Password protect app and/or internal Note Pad.
- Automatic transaction filling.
- Compute and apply interest to loans.
- Excellent customer support.
Download link: BankRoll on Google Play
We’ve discussed with the developer of BankRoll Lite regarding the app and below you can read the full details of the interview:
Q: How did you come with the idea to create your app, what inspired you?
A: My inspiration came from the fact that I could not find an app that could do everything I wanted to do.
Q: How long did it take from that idea until the first public release?
A: About of 1 year.
Q: Have you developed other apps or is this your first one? Do they target only the Android market or others as well (i.e. iOS)?
A: My first financial app was written for the Palm devices. I then went on to write a few more apps for the Palm devices. Bankroll is the only application I currently have on the market and it is only for Android.
Q: With hundred of thousand of apps in the appstore, how do you make people aware of your apps?
A: Getting people aware of my app is difficult because I have a low budget for advertising. I do feel the app would do better if I could get more people aware of it.
Q: What future plans you have for your app (new features, …)?
A: I am currently considering adding budgets to the software and the ability to photograph receipts.
Q: What popular apps are an inspiration for you as a developer and why?
A: Game apps with physics because because physics algorithms have improved greatly in the last few years.
Q: Have any tips/advices for other developers that want to start working on an app? Any tools that you consider to be a must?
A: The best tip I would give to a new developer is to not put the application on the market before it is fully ready. I use Runrev Livecode for development and I am very pleased with it.